HOW DOES THIS WORK?
Your website is an important asset for your business; a sales tool that you can use to attract new customers. We use only the most trusted suppliers and software experts to ensure that your website investment is attractive and accessible to your customers for years to come.
The outline below will answer some commonly asked questions about how our website process works, what you need to provide to us and when, and how long the project will take.
INTRODUCTORY PHONE CALL
We start with a phone call to introduce ourselves and get to know you and your business. If you already have a website and/or a domain name, we’ll need to talk about that too, to determine if your assets are currently located in a secure and reliable location.
We will also discuss your budget, how much content you have (text/photos/videos/etc) and whether you are interested in editing your new website yourself.
Pay your deposit by e-transfer and get $25 OFF your final invoice
All projects begin with a downpayment of $1000 plus GST. This can be paid by cheque, e-transfer, or online credit card payment.
Our preferred method of payment is e-transfer. If you pay your deposit via e-transfer, you will earn a discount of $25 towards your final invoice.
Before we start building, we will need to collect some information
Once your deposit is paid, we will send you a checklist of everything that you need to send to us including:
- logins for any existing domain names, web hosting accounts and/or Google accounts
- your credit card number so we can purchase your domain name on your behalf and setup automated billing for web hosting services. The ongoing cost for this service is approximately $10 CAD per month. We will not use your credit card for any other purpose, without your express permission
- detailed information about your work, such as your company history, services that you provide, physical address, warranties, certifications and/or product lines you would like to showcase on your site
- your notes in point form are fine, we will write the text for you
- your photos in hi-resolution, we will optimize your photos for you
- your logo in hi-resolution, preferably in vector format, AI/EPS
CHOOSE YOUR DESIGN
Once we have reviewed your information, we will:
- choose a suitable design template based on the content that you have provided to us
- consult with you to determine the number of pages required and discuss any special features and/or other options
- determine how much the final invoice will be
Our Starter Package is a three-page website customized to suit your business style and image. You can hire us to build more pages later or you can do-it-yourself using the easy drag-and-drop builder.
Our Professional Package is five pages and includes a photo gallery with a dozen of your best photos
Our Premium Package is fully loaded with all the bells and whistles including a Photo Gallery, a custom Quote Form, your Customer Reviews, and up to 10 pages of content.
Once we have collected your content and chosen your design, we will schedule your website project. We will contact you in about two weeks with the first draft of your new site.
VIEW WEBSITE & MAKE REVISIONS
Once we are finished building the first draft, you will have the opportunity to make up to two rounds of revisions. You may also request additional pages and/or features at this time, for an additional fee. When you are happy with the finished results, we will launch your site.
FINAL PAYMENT & WEBSITE HANDOVER
Final payment is due within 5 business days of completing your site. Once we have received the final payment for your project, we will hand over the keys and make it yours.
You will have an additional 30 days to request any minor revisions and/or corrections.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO COMPLETE MY SITE?
Website projects are generally completed within 2-4 weeks from the time we get the content from you (depending on revisions and complexity of project).
Once we receive your content, we can book you into the next available opening.
A WORD ABOUT GOOGLE SEARCH RESULTS
It may take anywhere from 4 to 12 weeks to see any results in Google Search, and sometimes much longer. Your Google search ranking depends on a number of external factors such as length of time in business, whether you have existing online directory listings; e.g. yellow pages, local chamber of commerce, etc; and perhaps most importantly, what type of business you are in and how many competitors you have in your local area.