What is On-Site VS Off-Site Optimization?
On-site optimization refers to work that is done to your website. This includes building a strong framework for the site navigation, writing interesting content for your pages, adding the right keywords, and verifying your website with Google Search.
Off-site optimization is about tasks that are completed away from your website, for example:
- Setting up a Google Business Profile
- Setting up Social Media accounts, like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn
- Updating your online listings, see How to Improve Your Online Visibility
- Optimizing and sharing content on your Google Business Profile
- Following others and liking and sharing content on your social media pages
- Any online or offline marketing activities, see Spread the Word About Your Website and How to Promote Your Website URL
- Ongoing monitoring of your online presence